An acquaintance/ friend asked her husband who helps my dad work on his John Deere tractors if I would paint something on the sides of this decorative mini wheelbarrow planter.
The mini wheelbarrow planter itself is nicely put together and painted a bluish gray. I’m not sure of the manufacturer.
I was happy to have the opportunity to come up with something for the wheelbarrow, just not sure what at the start.
A flower garden scene was chosen. 2” masking tape was secured along the bottom. Then after getting setup with my paints, shades of green were dabbed on just above the tape.
Since I didn’t take as many pictures as I should have, the next step was to begin adding a variety of flowers.
Only one side was done at a time because at the time I was deciding whether to do a similar scene on the other side
or something completely different. Later it was decided to do a similar scene, to compliment the
Though the flowers could not be matched exactly, having done them free-hand, I did line many across from where they are on the opposite side. Also done once the tape was removed was to paint a line horizontally across the side, and dry brush in some white lines both horizontally and (lower) vertically to make it appear that these are individual pots.
Something I had neglected to do when first beginning the painting was to lightly brush in some lines behind where the flowers would be. It wasn’t to late, though, to add them, just after the pots. This addition of brushed in lines helps add a sense of depth to the painting.
Now the scenes are nearly finished. All that was needed yet is to bring some of the flowers and leaves down over the sides of some of the pots. And then to apply a couple of coats of clear gloss (exterior grade).