The Birdhouse plant stands that were made last year turned out very good. Flowers made it in a couple of them and Wrens nested in one.
But I decided to change them up earlier this year.
The birdhouse plant stand seen here is one of the Plant stands that made it. The 2 by 4 post is in a 5-gallon bucket. The morning glories are in the tire. They thrived after having a rough start.
These are still a birdhouse plant stand but with a wood base instead of the 5-gallon bucket.
I was out picking up some pallets one day and found some interesting pieces of wood nailed together like frames. Thinking along the lines of a low boxed garden I took the birdhouses out of the buckets and secured them to the frames. Some of the bases were simply 2 by 4 pcs picked up the same day.
The birdhouses that were made for nesting birds were cleaned and secured to their poles. Then all the birdhouses had base pieces secured them with deck screws.
Later I found that with the smaller bases securing the posts to the frame underside was not good. I did leave the base piece for a couple. Both have strawberry plants growing nicely in them.
The purple house base was removed and I nailed the pole to a small stump that was going to be hidden by placing the planter there.
Interesting enough was that barn swallows nested in the birdhouse in the green and
yellow tires, Chickadees in the brown house behind the garage
and Bluebirds in the greenhouse in the main strawberry garden.
The How-To for making these birdhouses can be found in the Plant stand project.